Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Alan in Afghanistan




Alan sent me some photos from Afghanistan and although he's not in any of them I thought it might be interesting to some on you to see where he is and what he's doing. If anyone wants his email address let me know and I'll pass that on to you. Alan says he is doing well, that he flies every couple of days and that he misses his family. He says that his helicopter hasn't taken any fire, but that he has seen his wingman take some ground fire. He says that the threat is real there and that his base has received some rocket and mortar attacks. The building he stays in is made of concrete and that he feels somewhat safe, although he did say that they found a cobra snake not too far from his bed. Crazy!!!




The type of helicopter that Alan flies is called a Chinook.

1 comments:

Joe(y) Speredon said...

I'd love to get Alan's e-mail address. Send it to me at my yahoo address.