Cason Scott Rosenlund was born Monday July 21st. Despite being born two and half weeks early he still weighed 8 lbs, 2 oz and was 18 inches long. As soon as he was born he had trouble breathing on his own. I got to hold him for a second but he was taken to the nursery right away and then later that night at about two in the morning they transferred him to the NICU at a different hospital where they have better ventilators. It's been hard see him struggle through this but he is doing much better now and we are hopeful that he will be able to come home in just a couple days. We were able to hold him for the first time last night and he is such a sweet baby. We love him so much.
We are so grateful to family and friends who have watched Abe and Bella for us, brought us food and gifts, mowed our lawn and have just showed us so much concern. Sorry I haven't been able to respond to everyone's phone calls, please know how grateful I am to have such caring friends, neighbors and family.
Thursday, July 24, 2008
Happy Birthday Cason
Posted by Julia at 10:56 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
Congratulations! Glad to hear he's doing better. We're just a couple of months behind you. Let us know how the other two little ones do in the adjusting to him.
Jules - you have been on my mind constantly. I'm so glad that you and Cason are doing better. I'm sure it's hard to not bring your sweet baby home. Please call me when life slows down a little bit. Your in my prayers.
love, Erica
Julia and Daren,
Cason is just a cute little man, I'm sorry to hear about the breathing issues, I hope you get to bring him home really soon!!
Wow! Congrats, I had NO idea you had your baby. Let me know what I can do...When will you be home from the hospital? Dinner?:)
Yeah! We're so glad he's doing better. We knew he'd be just fine. Keep us posted!
Julia,
Congratulations! He looks like a champ! Color is great and it looks like he came off the vent - which is really awesome! I bet he looks like a little giant in that NICU! He is so cute! You are all in our prayers for Cason to come home soon. Congratulations, again! He is beautiful.
Wow, I can't believe how big he is for being so early. I'm glad he is doing better and can't wait to meet him!
Yeah! Hope you things continue to progress well. He looks like a big strong boy. Good luck and keep us all updated.
Julia and Darren! Cason has arrived...Wahooo!* I've been out of town and out of contact with the world for the last 10 days. So glad he's come to add even more joy to your awesome family! Congratulations you guys! i love you tons* ...pam
Congratulations Julia! He's gorgeous. Good luck with all that lies ahead for your sweet family and little Cason! He'll be home and life will be getting back to normal before you know it. HUGS!
Post a Comment