I just finished reading The Middle Place and recommend it to all my friends. I will warn you there is some language so watch out for that but otherwise it's a great read.
This book is about a young married women with two kids who gets breast cancer. But more than the illness, the book is about her family relationships. She's in that place where you're still taken care of by your parents and yet you are also taking care of your own kids.
The middle place is often where I find myself, I still feel like a kid but I'm supposed to be an adult. Sometimes I look at my three kids and wonder "who's in charge of you guys? Somebody should put some put some clothes on you and take the candy away get you some real breakfast... oh wait that's me."


2 comments:
Sounds like a good book - just finished "Pope Joan" and LOVED IT!
I hear ya about looking at your kids and wondering who on earth is in charge of them?!?!?! I am certainly not old enough to be raising kids!
Julia Julie just told me you were having trouble with your blog. Right now it looks like you have up a couple blog backgrounds without deleting the previous. You need to go to your layout and remove the extra html/java script gadgest. Click on them and then it has a remove option. Hope this helps.
Terri
Post a Comment