Tuesday, December 18, 2007

My Latest Favorite


You probably think I have nothing to do but read and watch movies. That isn't true I promise, I really do other things. However I just wanted to pass this little tidbit of information on. Last month I became obsessed with Jane Eyre. I read the book and loved it, so I wanted to watch the movie. Turns out, there have been many, many movies made of this book. I watched two of them and just didn't like them. Then I found this version, the latest PBS Jane Eyre movie and LOVED it! (Every time I brought home another Jane Eyre movie Darren just rolled his eyes and said "not another one!" He just didn't understand.) I loved this movie so much that I went out and bought it! It just had so much feeling and the story stayed pretty close the actual book. I highly recommend it.

9 comments:

Desmama said...

Love that movie. Saw it earlier this year and now I'm hoping my husband catches all my hints for getting it for Christmas.

emandtrev said...

Good call, Julia! I love a lot of the classics and am so excited when a film adaptation will do them justice.

Tina R. said...

I will have to go find that movie. I am glad you did all the research for me so now I will go right to the good one. :)

Erica said...

Just so that you know this is one of my favorite books. After I read your blog I went to find the movie. I have it and I'm planning to watch it tonight or tomorrow night. Not so sure Cody will watch it with me, but we'll try! Hope you had a fun Christmas.

The Mathews Family said...

Hi Julia!

I have been watching too! HUGE FAN over here :) You look great as ever, and how about those adorable kiddos of yours!!!

So fun to find you out here in the blog world! I'll be checking in once in a while!

Jenny (Jones) Mathews

Sarah said...

You need to update your blog! :) This could be the only form of communication I have with you. Are you still living in the same house?

The Mathews Family said...

I totally missed this one when it was on PBS a while ago. I caught Pride and Prejudice but, of course, I've seen that a million times already! I'll have to rent it!

Angie said...

Hey Julia - This is Angie (Judd) Angus. I found your blog through Erica's. I have always felt bad that I had lost touch with you so I was so excited to see your blog! You look great and your family does too. I have a blog too. Email me at angelajuddangus@gmail.com if you are interested.

Sarah said...

Julia......are you there?